Char grilled broccolini with peas, caramelized onion served with a zesty lemon, honey, tahini dressing!
600 grams broccolini
2 tbsp olive oil
Himalyan salt and pepper
1 large red onion
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
250grams frozen peas
40 grams tahini (sesame paste)
4 tsp lemon juice
1 clove of garlic, minced
½ cup of water
2 tsp white sesame seeds
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil with a pinch of salt
- Once boiled, blanch the broccolini for about 3 min
tes until al dente.
- Drain the broccolini and set aside to dry out
- Next thinly slice the red onion and place in a hot pan with 1 tbsp of the olive oil, the balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt. Allow the onions to caramelize on a low heat for about 5 minutes, keep an eye on them and stir every now and again.
- Place the frozen peas in the microwave and defrost
- Once the broccolini has dried out, place in a bowl with the remaining tbsp. of oil and salt and pepper. Mix through.
- Place a griddle pan on the heat and allow to get really hot. Place the brocoolini in the pan with the defrosted peas and allow the veg to char.
- To make the dressing, place the tahini, honey, garlic and lemon in a bowl and mix through. Next add the water and keep whisking until it becomes a thick smooth consistency.
- To serve, mix the broccolini, peas and onion in a bowl and place on a serving platter. Dress with the tahini sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Enjoy with family and friends!