These tasty protein slices are a great on the go snack and even better post workout! They can be consumed at any time of day – for breakfast or even dessert! They are so versatile and super easy to prepare.
Each mouthful is packed full of nutritious ingredients. Oats are an excellent source of complex carbohydrates, they are packed full of soluble and insoluble fibre which help slow the absorption of sugar. Oats are also packed full of manganese, magnesium, phosphorus and selenium. Cinnamon is by far my favourite spice which helps to reduce blood sugar levels. The coconut provides heart healthy fats and MCT oils which will help provide you with a good source of energy. The fat content from the coconut oil and the protein in the vanilla protein will help keep you satisfied and feeling fuller for longer. Blueberries are low in calories and high in nutrients, they are packed full of antioxidants, vitamins C & K! There is no reason not to try this delicious slice!
Let me know how you go if you make these at home! Enjoy!
Makes 10 squares
- 350g Jumbo Oats
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder – I use ‘Neat lean vanilla whey protein’
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
- ¼ coconut oil
- 250g fresh blueberries added to the blender + 50 g blueberries stirred through or used for decoration
- 200ml unsweetened almond milk
- 100ml maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius, and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and stir through.
- Next place the dry ingredients in a food processor with 200 grams of the blueberries, the coconut oil, almond milk and maple syrup and pulse through combining the ingredients into a wet mixture.
- Once combined, stir through the extra blueberries by hand or use them for decoration.
- Pour into baking tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes or until the mixture has cooked all the way through.
- Allow the mixture to cool off and cut into 10 squares.
- Enjoy!!! 🙂