This recipe is delicious, crunchy and tastes like a real treat! It is super easy to make and is a great addition to the pantry. You can tailor this recipe to your own liking – you could add any sorts of seeds, nuts, and dried fruits like goji berries, cranberries etc!
I like to serve mine with some unsweetened almond milk topped with fresh berries and cinnamon. You could add it to some plain Greek yoghurt or even use it as the topping to your crumble! Stay far away from the store bought cr@p which is packed full of fat, sugars and ingredients which I can’t even pronounce!!
It’s great on the go too, pack it up for a road trip, commute to work or a holiday overseas.. So why not make a large batch of this healthy, nutritious granola which will help nourish your body and start your day off on the right track!
Homemade crunchy granola
- 2 cups jumbo oats
- 100 grams slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 100 grams desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1.5 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup or raw honey
To serve –
- 2 tablespoon Bee Pollen
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 goji berries (optional)
- fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 140C
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl except the bee pollen, chia & dried fruit.
- Bake the granola for 15 minutes or until golden and crunchy
- Remove from oven and mix in the bee pollen, chia seeds and dried fruit
- Once cool, place in a jar and serve
Don’t forget to tag me in your creations of my crunchy granola! Xx