Warning – these are addictive! The perfect little snack on the go, they are crunchy, salty and oh so moreish. I love making healthy snacks to have stored in my pantry or to keep in my handbag to prevent me from buying any naughty snacks when out and about!
These little gems are so easy and simple to make. Chickpeas are a great source of vitamins and minerals, and have been shown to help lower cholesterol. They are a great source of insoluble and soluble fibre as well as manganese and iron which help energy production.
- 1x 400gram can of chickpeas – drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of salt or to your taste.
- Sprinkle of chilli flakes and cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 230degrees
- Drain and rinse the can of chickpeas
- Thoroughly pat down the chickpeas so that they are fully dry. If you have time you could leave them to dry on the kitchen counter for a few hours to ensure they go really crispy when in the oven!
- Next place the chickpeas and the remaining of the ingredients in a bowl and stir through so that the chickpeas are coated.
- Taste the chickpeas to see if the seasoning is ok, you may need to add extra cumin/chilli flakes etc.
- Place the mixture on a lined baking tray and place in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
Note – Make sure you really pat these dry and then coat them with lots of olive oil to ensure they get really crispy!
Let me know how you go!