I remember as a child being served Brussel Sprouts that were completely overcooked and soggy – not a fond memory at all! Oh how times have changed, I could seriously eat them every day now especially when served with crispy pancetta, pomegranate and glazed pecans. This recipe is so easy to whip together and is the perfect companion to your Christmas turkey!
- 500 grams Brussels sprouts
- 200 grams pancetta
- 150 grams pecans
- 1-2 tablespoon honey
- 1 Pomegranate or fresh cranberries
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoon raw honey
- Salt and pepper to season
- Using a food processer with a fine blade attachment, shave all of the Brussel sprouts into a nice fine texture and place in a large salad bowl ready to serve.
- Next cut the pomegranate in half and remove all the seeds by bashing the back of it with a wooden spoon to help remove them. Place the pomegranate seeds in with the brussel sprouts.
- Place the pancetta in a frying pan and fry for several minutes until crunchy and golden brown – most of the fat should have rendered off by this stage. Place the pancetta on a side plate lined with kitchen roll to allow any excess fat to drain off.
- Slightly toast the pecans in another frying pan for a few minutes, next coat the pecans with the honey and fry for a further few minutes until nicely glazed.
- To make the dressing, whisk together all the ingredients until completely combined.
- Add the pecans, pancetta and salad dressing to the bowl and mix through thoroughly.