Mix up your usual breakfast routine with these delicious protein pancakes! They feel like such a treat but are super healthy and nutritious, what more could you want! Packed full of protein, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats to create a well balance meal to fuel you for the day ahead. If you’re set on your morning routine then why not try these protein pancakes post workout to help restore your glycogen levels and to help repair those muscles through the use of vanilla protein powder!
This simple recipe takes 5 minutes to prepare and is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free!
- 50 grams of vanilla protein powder ( I use Vega vanilla clean protein)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 150 ml coconut water/almond milk
- 50 grams oats (I used Flahavans jumbo organic oats)
- 2 over ripe bananas
- Coconut oil to cook
- Choice of toppings – Berries, bee pollen, nuts and seeds, maple syrup, bananas, coconut/Greek yoghurt, cacao nibs or anything that takes your fancy!
- Place the oats in a blender and blend into a flour. Next place all the remaining ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth, you may have to add more liquid due to the size of your bananas.
- Place some coconut oil in a non-stick pan on a medium to high heat.
- Next place a ladle full of batter in the pan (I like to do a few small pancakes), turn the heat down and place a lid over the top to ensure the middle of the pancake cooks through.
- Once the edges start to look dry and bubbles appear, it’s time to flip the pancake. Cook for a further minute and remove from pan.
- Top with all your favourite toppings and enjoy!