Oat milk is rapidly becoming one of my favourite milk alternatives, it is rich in fibre and has such a creamy consistency to it. This recipe is very low in calories too, containing only 175 calories for the whole jug!!
- ½ cups organic oats – I like to use Flahavans oats
- 5 cups filtered water
- A few drops of liquid stevia, or sweetener of your choice
- 2 teaspoons orgamic vanilla essence
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Sterilised glass bottle
- Pour all the ingredients into the blender and blend on high speed for around 3-5 minutes.
- Strain the oat milk by pouring it through a nut milk bag, cheese cloth or very fine sieve and discard the oat pulp that remains. Do this process 2-3 times so you end up with a nice light milk.
- Pour the oat milk into a sterilised glass bottle and keep refrigerated.
- Make sure you shake thoroughly before using it.