Impress your guests with these delicious, raw after dinner chocolate mints. You can easily make these in advance and store them in the freezer until you are ready to serve!
- 200grams raw almonds
- 1 scoop of chocolate vegan protein powder
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder or extract
- Pinch of salt to enhance the chocolate flavour
- Peppermint drops, I used the ones pictured. You only need a few small drops of these!
- Place the almonds in a high-speed blender and blend until you nearly have a nut butter texture. It can take up to 5-10 minutes for the oils to release, so be patient and keep blitzing! You will need to scrape the sides of the blender every so often too.
- Next add the remaining ingredients and combine.
- Line a silicone mould with some coconut oil and pour the mixture into your tray.
- Place the mixture into a silicone try and place in the freezer to set
- Do not remove these until completely set as you will find it really hard to remove from the silicone tray. I like to leave them in the freezer over night to ensure they are completely set before removing from the tray.
- I have made this with 2 different types of protein powder, one worked really well and the other I needed to add some warm nut milk/water to the mixture to help liquefy it.
- Keep them in the freezer and remove 15 minutes before serving.