I have fallen head over heels for mushrooms lately, oh my they are so yummy especially when they are whipped up with some garlic and thyme! Mmmm Mmm!
Mushrooms are high in antioxidants, selenium and vitamin D and B.
This is such an easy recipe which takes a matter of minutes to make. I have served this as a side dish to dinner or even on-top of some smashed avocado on toast for breakfast – the dream.
- 300 grams mushrooms (I used portobeliini)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon tamari
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 6 sprigs thyme leaves
- Cracked pepper
- Wash the mushrooms and slice them.
- Heat up the olive oil in a sauce pan over a medium heat, add in the garlic and mushrooms and cook for a few minutes.
- Next place in the coconut milk, tamari, thyme leaves and cracked pepper.
- Allow to cook for a further few minutes until the liquid has slightly evaporated.
- Serve with some additional fresh thyme and season with salt and pepper if it needs it.