This heavenly smoothie bowl is worth waking up early for! It is packed full of anti-inflammatory, immune boosting ingredients! Protein smoothies are a great delicious way to start the day. They are the perfect alternative to eggs as they can help develop lean muscle mass, encourage fat loss, increase satiety, deliver essential nutrients (including amino acids) and even improve metabolic activity.
Turmeric has been used in India for thousands of years and is considered a medicinal herb. Turmeric has many health benefits including powerful anti-inflammatory effects, easing joint discomfort, curbing indigestion and heartburn, boosting immunity as well as protecting the heart and brain!
Cinnamon is a delicious spice that contains many antioxidants. Cinnamon has many anti-inflammatory properties which helps the body fight infections and repair tissue damage. It can help regulate your metabolism by reducing your blood sugar levels as it improves sensitivity to the hormone insulin.
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- A knob of ginger
- ½ teaspoon turmeric.
- 2 cubes of frozen spinach (or a handful of fresh spinach and ice)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon Maca powder
- 1 teaspoon of greens powder (optional)
- Honey or sweetener of your choice
- 1 mug of your choice of milk
- Mixed seeds or any toppings to serve!
- Place all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blitz until all combined nicely!
- Place in a bowl and top with some more banana, mixed seeds and a big drizzle of honey!