This strawberry choc mint smoothie is the perfect post workout recovery smoothie that hits the sweet spot too. It is light, refreshing and easy to digest.
You get a good protein hit from the chocolate protein powder which will help the body to repair itself after a workout. The cucumber is hydrating, the mint is soothing and it is also contains a lot of antioxidants due to the cacao and strawberries. Not to mention the healthy fats from the avocado will help keep you feeling full and satisfied!
Makes 2 large smoothie bowls
- 300 grams fresh strawberries
- 100 grams cucumber
- ½ avocado, peeled
- 3 sprigs fresh mint, leaves only
- 2 scoops of chocolate protein – I used Sunwarrior vegan protein powder
- 3 tablespoon cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 250 ml Almond milk
- 4 ice blocks
- 2 tbsp sweetener of choice – honey, maple, dates (optional)
- Blend everything together until smooth, adding in water if needed to create your preferred consistency.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy.