This fresh and light summer salad is the perfect addition to any BBQ. Fresh flavours and crunchy textures makes eating the rainbow easy.
Give this salad a go next time you are entertaining and I can guarantee you it will go down a treat with your guests.
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 1/2 cup snow pea sprouts
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/3 Cucumber (about 175g)
- ½ avocado, diced
- ½ punnet Cherry Tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup tightly packed mint, roughly chopped
- 1 cup tightly packed parsley, roughly chopped
- 70 grams slivered almonds, toasted
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt & pepper to season
- Prepare all the vegetables as directed and place in a large serving salad bowl.
- Next place the slivered almonds or your nuts of choice in a pan and lightly toast until golden brown. Set aside and allow to cool to before placing on the salad.
- Next place all the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well.
- Add the dressing to the salad and mix through thoroughly.