This dish is the epitome of comfort food. A tasty dish, full of nourishing ingredients that is easy and cheap to make. It’s vegan friendly and free from gluten.
Treat yourself and your guests to this delicious, feel good recipe today!
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil/olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 thumb sized piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cans of brown lentils, rinsed
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons of tamarind paste
- 10 squares of frozen spinach – Mine were fairly small so if yours are large maybe opt for 6 or 7 squares.
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Parsley to garnish
- Using a medium sized deep saucepan, brown off the onion in the oil for a few minutes. Next add the ginger, garlic, ground cumin and coriander and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Place the remaining ingredients in the pan and allow to simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes or until the spinach is cooked through and the lentils have soaked up all the coconut milk.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.