Who doesn’t love a burger? Especially an Asian style burger packed full of flavour and nutritious ingredients? This recipe is mouthwatering! It is so delicious, healthy and super easy to make. I opted for turkey mince as a healthy alternative to beef as it is high in protein and low in saturated fat, however chicken mince would work well too!
If you love Asian flavours, then this recipe is for you!
This recipe makes 6 medium sized patties.
- 500 grams Turkey thigh mince
- 1 large handful coriander
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½-1 red chilli
- Zest & juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoons fish sauce
- 3 springs onions
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (melted)
- Place the garlic, coriander, red chilli,spring onions and lime zest in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Next add the turkey, lime juice, fish sauce, coconut oil and spring onions.
- Blitz all the ingredients until you have a smooth paste.
- Separate the mixture into 6 even size balls and shape into burger patties.
- Place each patty on a chopping board and allow to sit in the fridge for an hour or so before frying.
- I like to serve these with an Asian slaw, fried rice or even in a lettuce cup!
Let me know how you get on.