These muffins are a great way to sneak in some extra greens into your childs diet. They are far healthier than your usual store/café bought ones and provide your body with an array of nutrients.
Gluten free and dairy free, packed with zucchini, bananas and other wholesome ingredients – they are super moist and have the perfect amount of spice to them!
Give this recipe a go and let me know how you get on.
- 80 grams coconut oil
- 200 grams zucchini
- 150 grams/ 2 bananas plus extra for decoration
- 4 tablespoons good quality honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon & ginger
- ½ tsp all spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 grams almond flour
- 60 grams GF flour
- 50 grams desiccated coconut
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Grate the zucchinis and place in a sieve, zucchinis contain a lot of water so you want to press as much of the water out of them as possible with some kitchen paper.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin cases
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan, add the sweetener and spices. Set aside to infuse.
- Place the flours, desiccated coconut, salt and baking powder into a blender. Pulse to combine the dry ingredients.
- Next add the banana & zucchini. Blend until completely incorporated into one batter.
- Finally add the coconut oil mixture into the blend and combine.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl until the whites are softly peaking.
- Next carefully combine the batter with the eggs whites by carefully folding them through.
- Spoon the mixture into your prepared cases.
- Cut up thin slices of extra banana and place on-top of each muffin.
- Cook in your preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and gently brush each individual muffin with a little more honey whilst they are warm. The honey will seep through and give the muffins a delicious sweet yet healthy flavour to them!