I absolutely love hummus, it is so healthy and packed full of nutritional benefits. I try to make a batch at least once a week to store in my fridge as a healthy snack. This week I thought I would mix it up a bit and experiment with flavours. I bring to you – Beetroot Hummus! The classic with a twist and I can guarantee you, there is no going back! This dip is packed full of flavour and nutritional benefits.
Beetroots are low in calorie and contain zero cholesterol. They are packed with lots of antioxidants, vitamins, mineral and fibre!
- 3 large roasted beetroot
- 1 x 400 grams chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1.5 tablespoon pomegranate mollases
- 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to season
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a bowl and sprinkle over some sesame seeds and olive oil.
- Serve with raw crudités and your best crackers!
So simple and easy to make, let me know how you get on!