These chocolate protein brownie bliss balls (quite the tongue twister) actually turned out far better than I could have imagined – they are the bomb! Gooey, sweet, fudgy, rich and nutrient dense. These have no refined sugar in them or any added sweetener!
You can keep a batch of these in the fridge to stave off chocolate cravings!
Ingredients – Makes 12
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 200 grams medjool dates, pitted
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I used Vega)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder (naturya)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- Desiccated coconut for rolling in
- Place the almonds in a blender and pulse until they are finely processed.
- Next add all the remaining ingredients apart from the desiccated coconut and blitz until well combined. Remove from the blender and roll the mixture into small bite sized yummy balls.
- Next roll them in the desiccated coconut and place in the fridge for an hour or so.
- Enjoy and try to not eat them all at once!
Notes – Your medjool dates should be gooey and sweet. If you find they are a little bit hard in texture I would recommend placing them in a small bowl of boiling water for a few minutes until they soften up and become gooey.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!