Chewy, spicy and sweet! My gluten free cinnamon spice festive cookies will certainly fill you with that christmas spirit and will instantly evoke warm christmas memories. These cookies are delicious any time of the day, they are also extremely tasty over some greek yoghurt or vanilla ice-cream! This classic cookie recipe will be a hit with the whole family, let me know how you get on with them and hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
Makes 8 large delicious cookies
- 1 ½ cup jumbo oats
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- A large pinch (or two) of grated nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tablespoon Almond butter (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon water to help combine if needed (not too much)
- Pre-heat your oven to 150c
- In a food processor combine your jumbo oats, coconut, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, nutmeg and salt. Blitz a few times so all the ingredients are combined well.
- Next add the coconut oil, honey and almond butter if using, blend briefly until you get a sticky texture. Add water if needed.
- Form into 8 large cookies and flatten down on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- These will last about 4 days in a air tight container in the fridge.
Don’t forget to tag me in your creations and comment below!