This salad makes eating kale easy and delicious. I make it once a week as it is packed full of nutrients and goes with just about anything! This creamy kale, quinoa and chickpea salad is a well-balanced dish as it is packed full of healthy fats, carbohydrates & plant protein. A winner for everyone!
Note:I don’t always have leftover quinoa in the fridge so I often make it without the quinoa. It tastes just as good – trust me!
- 250 grams Kale
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- Olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 Avocado, cubed
- A few sprigs of parsley, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion Flakes
- 2 tablespoons water
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse thoroughly. Spray some olive oil spray into a small frying pan over a medium to high heat.
- Place the chickpeas into the pan along with the ground cumin, coriander and salt. Fry for a few minutes until the chickpeas are nice and golden. Set aside to cook.
- Next make the dressing by combing all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Place the kale in a large bowl and place all of the dressing on top of it.
- Time to get your fingers messy by massaging the dressing into the kale, you’ll need to do this for a few minutes. The kale will start to break down and become nice and creamy. Set aside.
- Place the creamy kale, quinoa, parsley and chickpeas in your serving bowl – give it a good toss through. Add the avocado to finish.
- Serve with some marinated chicken or have as is!
- Enjoy x