Broccoli in my books is a superfood, especially when prepared in this delicious salad! It is packed full of fibre, vitamin C and boasts more protein than most other vegetables.
This salad is fresh, crunchy and creamy – perfect on a warm summers day!
- 400 grams broccoli (1 medium sized head)
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 can of chickpeas
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 large lemon, juice and zest
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Salt & pepper
- Make the creamy tahini dressing by placing all the ingredients in a jar and shaking well. You may need to adjust the flavour of the dressing, taste it and add some more lemon or seasoning to it if needed.
- Cut up the broccoli head into little florets, I like to cut up the stalk of the broccoli too as it is packed full of goodness. Place in a salad bowl.
- Next drain and rinse the chickpeas, add them to the bowl too.
- Place the slivered almond in a pan and toast until golden brown.
- Place the remaining of the ingredients into the bowl.
- Next pour on the dressing and massage all the ingredients together with your hands.
- Enjoy immediately!