Crunchy, chocolatey, nutty and decadent. This plant based, crunchy chocolate granola is a recipe you’ll thank me for. Breakfast never tasted so good!
Add to your smoothie bowls or yoghurt!
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup rice puffs
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- 1/3 cup cacao
- 1 vanilla pod, scraped
- ¾ cup almonds, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees
- Place all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix through.
- Next whisk the maple syrup, vanilla and the coconut oil together.
- Pour over the dry ingredients and mix through with hands.
- Line a baking a tray with baking paper or rub with coconut oil.
- Place the mixture onto the baking tray and create a few small clusters of the mixture with your hands. Try not to spread the mixture out too much.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the oven and allow to cool for an hour. This will allow the granola to crispy up, clump and form clusters. Gently remove from the tray and store in an airtight container.