These Tandoori skewers are so simple to make, yet so delicious – a winner with my dinner guests every time. You can serve these in a soft pitta wrap with a yoghurt raita and a slaw or serve alongside a fresh, zesty salad. Yum!
Makes 5 or 6 skewers
- 500 grams lean chicken mince
- 1/4 cup Tandoori Pastes (I used Pataks paste)
- 50 grams red onion, finely diced
- 1 large handful of fresh Coriander, chopped
- 1 whole egg
- ½ cup of panko crumbs
- Olive oil to cook the skewers
- Skewers – around 5 or 6 sticks
- Firstly, submerge and soak the skewers in water for 10 minutes whilst you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Place all the ingredients apart from the chicken in a large bowl and mix through.
- Now add the mince into the bowl and combine with the rest of the ingredients. You’ll need to get your hands dirty for this one!
- Place a generous amount of mixture onto each skewer. Press and mould together into a nice oval shaped kebab!
- Once you have finished placing the mixture onto the skewers, cover them and place them in the fridge for a few hours before cooking.
- Once you are ready to cook – generously grease the grill and place the chicken skewers on making sure the grill is nice and hot! You want a delicious smoky, charred flavour!