I absolutely love rhubarb – it brings back fond memories of my childhood and eating my mums delicious apple and rhubarb crumble! This recipe could not get easier and it is so versatile. I like to make a big batch at the beginning of the week so I have a healthy, nutritious refined sugar free topping to my yoghurt, porridge and even granola. Sweet yet tart – give this delicious recipe a go today!
- 3 rhubarb stems
- A small thumb of ginger, grated
- 1 pink lady apple, grated with skin on
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon zest
- Cut the rhubarb into 2 cm pieces and place in a saucepan, add the remaining ingredients, next bring to the mixture to the boil and place a lid on the saucepan.
- Once boiled, reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes until the rhubarb has completely softened.
- Enjoy over some natural yoghurt, granola or try making a delicious crumble with it by adding some berries and apple chunks to the mixture!
Note: When grating the zest of the lemon, only use the yellow top layer of the skin as the white part beneath can be quite bitter.
Please tag me in your creations and let me know if you have any queries!