I have fallen head over heels for mushrooms lately, oh my they are so yummy especially when they are whipped up with some garlic, tamari & thyme!
This is such an easy recipe which takes a matter of minutes to make. I like to serve this dish as an accompaniment to steak or served as breakfast inside an omelette or alongside some avocado toast – dreamy!
Did you know that mushrooms are high in the antioxidants selenium. They are also one of the few none animal sources of vitamin D. Mushrooms are a great addition into your diet to help support the immune system and prevent damage cells and tissues.
Give this recipe a go and let me know how you go.
- 300 grams mushrooms (I used portobello)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 3 tablespoons canned coconut milk
- 6 sprigs thyme leaves
- Cracked pepper
- Salt if needed
- Wash the mushrooms and slice them.
- Heat up the olive oil in a sauce pan over a low heat, add in the garlic and the mushrooms. Cook for a few minutes.
- Next place in the coconut milk, tamari, thyme leaves and cracked pepper.
- Allow to cook for a further few minutes until the mushrooms are cooked through.
- Serve with some additional fresh thyme and season with salt and pepper if needed.