I love homemade cookies and these little stars are the perfect afternoon tea companion this festive season ! They are packed full of spices which makes them extremely refreshing in their own way, crunchy yet still chewy! Give them a go!
- 1 ¾ cup Almond flour
- ¾ Coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- A pinch of vanilla
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C
- Place the chia seeds and water in a bowl, allow the chia seeds to thicken and soak up all the water for about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the almond flour, coconut sugar and spices into a blender and mix through. Next add the chia seed mixture and maple syrup. Blend for a further few minutes until the mixture forms a sticky dough. Add some extra water to the mixture if the dough is too crumbly.
- Roll the dough out between two pieces of baking paper about 5mm thick. Using star shaped cutters, cut out about 20-30 stars.
- Place the cinnamon stars on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Let the cookies cool for a few minutes until transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Melt some chocolate and decorate the stars as you wish.