Turmeric lattes along with beetroot lattes are becoming more popular in London and are almost the norm now amongst cafes – I can totally see why too! If you haven’t heard of them before, they are sort of like a chai latte but way better if they are done right.
If you haven’t yet heard of the amazing benefits of turmeric, let me educate you. Turmeric has been used in India for thousands of years and is considered a medicinal herb. Turmeric has many health benefits including powerful anti-inflammatory effects, easing joint discomfort, curbing indigestion and heartburn, boosting immunity as well as protecting the heart and brain!
My golden milk recipe couldn’t be easier, most of you will also already have all the ingredients on hand in your pantry and if you don’t then the spices will probably cost the equivalent of 2 lattes to purchase from your local supermarket.
Turmeric lattes are the perfect caffeine free warming drink to get anyone through these cold winters days. My recipe will make a rather large batch of turmeric latte mix so you can have it on hand throughout the week!
Give this recipe a go next time you want a yummy, caffeine free alternative which will be sure to boost your immune system and leave you feeling warm and fuzzy inside.
- 2 tablespoon Turmeric
- 2 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Coconut water powder
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons Ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nut meg
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla powder
- A pinch of Himalayan Salt
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- Choice of milk – I love it with coconut milk!
- Stevia or your choice of sweetner to serve
- Place all of the ingredients in a jar apart from the coconut water and sweetener, mix the ingredients through thoroughly until all combined.
- To make a warming mug turmeric latte, simply spoon out 1 tablespoon of the mixture and place in a saucepan, heat through with the equivalent of a mug full of your choice of milk and a dash of sweetener – be careful not to boil the mixture.
- Store the mixture in a sterilised jar so you can use it throughout your week.
- Serve in your favourite mug and enjoy!