I love crispy roast vegetables, they are always an easy option when entertaining too.
My honey roast vegetables with a chunky salsa has just taken roast vegetables to a whole new level. Give this recipe a go this festive season as it really is the perfect addition to your Christmas roast!
- 300 grams Butternut Squash
- 5 large Turnips
- 1 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt pepper
- 2 large handfuls of rocket
- Sprinkle of mixed seeds
Salsa Verde ingredients
- 1-2 large bunches of Parsley
- 1 large bunch mint
- 1 large bunch of basil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ cup capers
- ½ cup sweet little gherkins
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (good quality)
- Preheat the oven to 180.
- Cut the butternut squash into chunks and cut the turnips length ways.
- Place the butternut squash and turnips on a roast tray and drizzle with the olive oil, honey and salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 30 minutes or until cooked through, check regularly and toss them at the half way point.
- Place all the salsa verde ingredients in a high-powered blender and blitz until combined. Once combined to your desired consistency you may want to taste it and add some salt and pepper to balance out the flavours. If you want it a really smooth consistency you can keep adding in olive oil whilst blending.
- Check the vegetables and make sure they are cooked through.
- Once cooked, place the rocket on a serving platter, add the roast vegetables, seeds and add as much salsa as you please.
- Toss through and enjoy!