I never really got into overnight oats until recently and now I am completely addicted. It is the perfect breakfast if you are always on the go and want to maintain a healthy diet. It can’t get much easier, all you do is mix all the delicious ingredients together and leave it in the fridge overnight. The finished product is so creamy and is the perfect grab and go breakfast. You can mix it up and go crazy with your toppings too!
- 50 grams porridge oats (Flahavans works best for this)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 scoop of Vanilla protein powder (I used Vega protein)
- 1 cup Alpro unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup filtered water
- A few drops of stevia or honey/maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Berries and toppings of your choice
- Sterilise your jar by pouring boiling water into it and allowing it to sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Mix all of the ingredients except for your toppings in the jar and stir thoroughly. Let it sit for a couple of minutes, then stir again. Place the lid on it and refrigerate overnight.
- When you are ready to enjoy your overnight oats, place your toppings on-top and enjoy!
You can either scoop them out into a bowl or enjoy on the go!