These guilt free protein banana choc chip muffins are a healthy alternative to your usual processed flour and sugar ladened options! Due to the whey protein content in them they really don’t need much cooking time at all, almost half the amount to your usual recipe making them super easy to whip up in a matter of minutes!
Be careful to not overcook them as they can become dry very fast!
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup chocolate protein powder (I use neat nutrition lean chocolate whey protein)
- ¼ cup of cacao powder
- 5 teaspoon gluten free bicarbonate soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Generous pinch salt
- 3-4 tablespoons of good quality maple syrup
- 2 whole free range eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tbspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large bananas
- 2/3 cup cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celcius
- Place all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix through thoroughly so there are no lumps present in the mixture. You could always sieve the mixture if you feel like there are too many lumps.
- In a separate large bowl, mash the two bananas together and then add all the remaining wet ingredients to the bowl.
- Blend the wet mixture until smooth & creamy.
- Once blended through fold in the dry ingredients carefully.
- Once everything has been nicely combined, stir through most of the cacao nibs to give the mixture some crunch. Save some for decoration.
- Brush your muffin tray with coconut oil to prevent the muffins from sticking.
- Next spread the mixture evenly across your muffin tray.
- Sprinkle each muffin with the remaining cacao nibs.
- Place in the preheated oven for 15 minutes
- Remove after 15 minute and allow to cool on a rack
I like to have warm out of the oven but if you want to jazz them up a bit you could;
- top with a healthy chocolate coconut icing
- top with a homemade raw chocolate and coconut flakes
- slice in half and add a greek yoghurt, vanilla stevia mixture in the centre.
- Add a few blueberries into the mixture when stirring in the nibs
Let me know how you go with these little morsels of heaven and how you put your final touch on them!