When two of my favourite things become one – pumpkin and hummus! This beautiful dip is the perfect autumnal snack – it is healthy, creamy, smooth and you can have it ready in no time!
You can make this snack in advance and have it ready for when your guests arrive! If you really wanted to get into the holiday spirit you could serve it out of a pumpkin!
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 1 cup of leftover roast pumpkin
- 2 tablespoon Tahini
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice and zest of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup water or if you have some stock/bone broth you could use this too!
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse together. Process until smooth and at your desired consistency. You may need to add some more water/olive oil to help give the hummus a creamy texture. Taste and add any e
- Trasnfer the hummus to a serving bowl, drizzle with a good quality of extra virgin olive oil, pumpkin seeds and some extra cumin.
- Serve with your favourite vegetable and pita bread.