These individual raw vegan caramel slices are TO DIE FOR! They are rich, decadent and packed full of nutritious ingredients providing you with an array of vitamins and minerals! Raw, gluten free, dairy free and packed full of healthy fats – they sure are an explosion for your taste buds! The almond butter, vanilla and maca powder combination gives it a creamy, velvety richness without having to use condensed milk and sugar!
Please note that although every single ingredient in these slices are good for you and host a range of health benefits, these slices are still to be treated as a ‘treat’ so please be mindful of that.
This recipe makes 12 large individual slices hence why the quantities are quite large. You could easily half the whole recipe and place the mixture into a baking tray and cut out individual bite sized squares!
INGREDIENTS – Makes 12
- 1 & 1/2 cups oats – I love to use Flahavans organic oats because they are so creamy
- 1 cup cashews
- 4 tablespoon coconut oil
- 180 grams medjool dates
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 cup Almond butter
- 3 tablespoon Maca powder
- 360 grams Medjool dates
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla bean powder or essence
- ½ cup GF oats (Flahavans)
- Hot water (around 2 cups, however it will vary)
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup cacao Powder
- A few drops of stevia or 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- 1 cup of warm water
- Brush your baking tray with some coconut oil.
- Place all the base ingredients in a blender and blitz until you have a crumb like texture. Press the mixture into the base of the container that you are using.
- Place the base in the freezer whilst you make the middle caramel layer.
- Next place all the ingredients for the caramel layer in the blender and combine until smooth and creamy, you may have to keep adding water to help it loosen a bit.
- Place the caramel layer on top of the base layer and smoothen out.
- Place the tray back in the freezer for at least 30 minutes
- Add all the ingredients for the chocolate topping in a bowl and mix through, make sure the coconut oil is melted.
- Once the caramel layer has been in the fridge for 30 minutes, place the chocolate mixture over the caramel, make sure it covers the whole tray evenly.
- Place the slice in the freezer for up around 4 hours (or over night)
- Remove the slice from the freezer before serving and let is sit for at least 20 minutes to defrost slightly before serving.
- Enjoy with a nice cup of tea!
- If you are making a large tray of them, make sure that when you cut them, you do so using a very hot knife to slice each individual square.
- Store in freezer for up to a month in an air tight container (if they last that long!)