Homemade soup to soothe and nourish the soul on these cold winter days! This dairy free pumpkin soup is packed full of nutritious ingredients guaranteed to make anyone feel warm and cozy in winter!
- 350 grams Pumpkin
- 350 grams Squash
- 2 onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
- 750 grams of homemade chicken stock or additive free store bought stock
- 4 teaspoons ground coriander
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1 teaspoon if you like it spicy
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Chop up the pumpkin, squash and onions into equal size pieces and place in a bowl with the coconut oil and mix through.
- Place the ingredients on a baking tray along with the whole peeled garlic cloves and roast in the pre heated oven until cooked through – approximately 40 minutes depending on the size of the chunks.
- Once cooked, place the pumkin, squash onion and garlic cloves along with the rest of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. You may have to do this in batches.
- Once the ingredients are at a smooth, thick consistency place in a big saucepan and heat up. Feel free to add more stock if you feel like it is too thick.
- Serve with some parsley, desiccated coconut and pumpkin seeds for that extra crunch!
Let me know how you go in the comments below!