This is the perfect quick grab and go recipe. Roasting almonds with spices really helps to intensify their flavour and their nutrition value. I love this recipe as you can whip it up in a matter of moments and it is a healthier alternative to the store bought varieties. Perfect along aside a platter when entertaining.
- 1 cup raw natural almonds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp celery salt (normal salt is fine too)
- Preheat oven to 160C
- Place all ingredients in a big bowl and mix through thoroughly
- Line a baking tray and place spiced almonds on tray
- Cook for 15 minutes. Give the almonds a toss at the half way mark
- Place in a sterilised jar and enjoy!