‘Tis the season for apples at the moment and boy are they good! I’ve never been a big lover of apples but something has changed this Autumn and I can’t seem to get enough of them! It really shows that eating seasonally helps you to enjoy fresh fruit and veg at its best!
This sugar free stewed apple recipe is my favourite, it takes a matter of minutes to make and taste delicious on top of some creamy yoghurt or a warming bowl of porridge!
You could even make these into a nice apple and rhubarb crumble, apple pie or even as an accompaniment to your Sunday pork roast! Yum!
- 6 Rajka organic apples
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla bean extract
- ½ cup of water
- Juice and zest of half lemon
- Wash and core the apples by roughly cutting them into large chunks. Place the apples along with the remaining ingredients in a saucepan. Give the mixture a stir.
- Bring the temperature of the saucepan up to a boil and then reduce to a low simmer. Place the lid on the saucepan and allow to simmer for about 8 minutes or until the mixture is of your desired texture.
- Allow to cool and serve as you please!