This heavenly smoothie bowl is worth waking up early for! It is packed full of anti-inflammatory, immune boosting ingredients! Protein smoothies are a great delicious way to start the day. They are the perfect alternative to eggs as they can help develop lean muscle mass, encourage fat loss, increase satiety, deliver essential nutrients (including amino acids) and even improve metabolic activity.
Turmeric has been used in India for thousands of years and is considered a medicinal herb. Turmeric has many health benefits including powerful anti-inflammatory effects, easing joint discomfort, curbing indigestion and heartburn, boosting immunity as well as protecting the heart and brain!
Cinnamon is a delicious spice that contains many antioxidants. Cinnamon has many anti-inflammatory properties which helps the body fight infections and repair tissue damage. It can help regulate your metabolism by reducing your blood sugar levels as it improves sensitivity to the hormone insulin.
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- A knob of ginger
- ½ teaspoon turmeric.
- 2 cubes of frozen spinach (or a handful of fresh spinach and ice)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon Maca powder
- 1 teaspoon of greens powder (optional)
- Honey or sweetener of your choice
- 1 mug of your choice of milk
- Mixed seeds or any toppings to serve!
- Place all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blitz until all combined nicely!
- Place in a bowl and top with some more banana, mixed seeds and a big drizzle of honey!
It’s really starting to feel like Christmas here in London, the lights & decorations are up, the weather is getting colder and the festive spirit is amongst us! I am rolling with it, embracing it and getting rather excited about it all!
So on that note – I bring you my festive cherry mocha smoothie! There is nothing quite like the flavour combination of coffee and chocolate but with the addition of cherries the flavour of this smoothie is out of this world!
- 1 scoop of Vega chocolate protein
- ¾ mug black strong coffee
- ½ mug Oat milk
- Half mug of frozen cherries
- 1 pitted date or sweetener of choice
- ½ tablespoon cacao (Naturya)
- ½ tablespoon Maca powder (Naturya)
- ½ tablespoon chia seeds (Naturya)
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Lots of ice
- I like to use a large mug to measure out all my ingredients as I find it help create the perfect consistency. Place all the ingredients into a high-powered blender and blitz until smooth!
Notes – Try and use a really good quality coffee for this recipe as it will make all the difference!
Vanilla chai protein smoothie recipe:
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I like Sunwarrior vanilla protein powder)
1 large frozen banana
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon vanilla powder
Dash of vanilla extract
Pinch of ground nutmeg, cardamom and cloves
2 cups of almond milk (depending on what consistency you like)
1 teaspoon honey (optional)
1 tea spoon chia seeds
3-4 Ice blocks
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until thick and creamy
I do love using 1 cup of almond milk and 1 cup of coconut water as it gives it a sweet taste!