This light muesli is a delicious breakfast option. Simple yet satisfying! I love to make a big batch of muesli most weeks so I know exactly what is going into the recipe. Most store bought mueslis contain a lot of hydrogenated oils and are very high in sugar. You can mix this recipe up by adding a mix of dried fruits nuts and seeds to it, play around with different flavour combinations depending on what you have in your pantry!
Be sure to make a big batch though as I can guarantee it won’t last long.
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup buckinis (loving earth)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup almond flakes
- 1/4 cup dessicated coconut
- 20 dried apricots, diced
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees
- Place all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix through.
- Next whisk the maple syrup and the coconut oil together.
- Pour over the dry ingredients and mix through with hands
- Line baking a tray or rub with coconut oil.
- Spread the mixture onto the baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the almond flakes are nice and golden.
- Allow to cool for an hour and store in an airtight container and enjoy!