These tasty breakfast slices are a great on the go snack and even better post workout! They can be consumed at any time of day – for breakfast or even dessert. They are so versatile and super easy to prepare.
Each mouthful is packed full of nutritious ingredients. Oats are an excellent source of complex carbohydrates, they are packed full of soluble and insoluble fibre which help slow the absorption of sugar. Oats are also packed full of manganese, magnesium, phosphorus and selenium. Cinnamon is by far my favourite spice which helps to reduce blood sugar levels. The coconut provides heart healthy fats and MCT oils which will help provide you with a good source of energy. The fat content from the coconut oil and the protein in the vanilla protein will help keep you satisfied and feeling fuller for longer. Blueberries are low in calories and high in nutrients, they are packed full of antioxidants, vitamins C & K. There is no reason not to try this delicious slice!
Let me know how you go if you make these at home! Enjoy!
Blueberry & vanilla protein slice
- 250g Oats (gluten free oats)
- 2 scoops/70 grams of vanilla protein powder. I used Prana vanilla creme plant protein.
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder or essence
- 50 grams melted coconut oil
- 250g fresh blueberries added to the blender + 50 g blueberries stirred through or used for decoration
- 150ml unsweetened almond milk
- 70ml maple syrup or honey
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Grease a square baking tin and line the tin with baking paper.
- Next place the dry ingredients in a food processor and pulse through to combine.
- Add the coconut oil, almond milk and maple sweetener into the blender. Pulse through for 10 seconds then add the blueberries and keep blending into the mixture forms a ball.
- Place the mixture into the lined baking tray and press it down firmly into the tray using your hands.
- Cook in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
- Allow the slice to cool.
- Dust the slice with extra cinnamon & desiccated coconut and enjoy on the go or at home with a big dollop of coconut yoghurt & extra blueberries!
- Enjoy!!! 🙂