Cashews are packed full of heart healthy fats, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. These include vitamins E, K, and B6, along with minerals like copper, phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, iron, calcium and selenium, all of which are important for maintaining good bodily function. They are naturally cholesterol free and help to reduce blood pressure. Just a handful a day can really be beneficial to your cardiovascular health. Cashews are also a great nut to maintain hair health due to the copper content, bone health due to the amount of calcium and even weight management due to the monounsaturated fats within them.
Cinnamon is a delicious spice that contains many antioxidants. Cinnamon has many anti-inflammatory properties which helps the body fight infections and repair tissue damage. It can help regulate your metabolism by reducing your blood sugar levels as it improves sensitivity to the hormone insulin.
- 500grams raw cashew nuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Place the raw cashews nuts on a baking tray and roast in a pre-heated oven at 180C until golden brown. This should take about 8-10 minutes.
- Allow cashews to cool before placing in a high powered food processor with the salt, cinnamon and vanilla powder.
- Blend on high for a few minutes, then remove lid and scrape down the edges.
- Blend again for a further 3-5 minutes or until the cashews have a creamy consistency.
- Place in a jar and try not to eat the whole thing within the first 24 hours!
Note – It is rather tempting to stop blending once the cashews have turned into a paste however keep blending for a further few minutes to release the natural oils so it becomes nice and creamy. If you under process it will still be just as yummy however the texture will be more like a crumble mixture! Blend and keep blending!!